Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tazers for Moms

As a mom there is a time that I dread. I mean I lose sleep over this. It is the ever time consuming, patience testing, the put the fear of God in me ..... Potty Training. Ugh. Training my boys to pee in the potty is like giving a blind man a water gun. It's a messy and tedious affair. We have tried all kinds of things. The Fruit Loop in the toilet bowl. Don't do this. This just leads to other things being aimed at ... after they were thrown in the toilet bowl. But, if you want to improve your child's self esteem, by all means throw a magazine in the bowl. Not hard to hit at all.

Well, we are at the grocery store and I am mindlessly wandering down the baby aisle. (The kids were not with me. so, I could spend hours reading labels of peas and really pick the tampon I really want) I notice they have a new training pant for boys. It actually lets them feel when they are wet and ... get this .... it gets cold when they pee. No kidding. Sweet revenge I think. A little shock in the pants. I buy three packs.

I slip them on my chubby little monkey and he is running around the hallway. I smile and kiss his little cheek.

"Do you need to go potty, Ethan?" I ask as sweet as can be.

"No Mommy." He barely registers that I am there.

Fine. He continues to run and dance under my feet when all of a sudden he screams and doubles over ...

"PEE PEE!" he is grabbing his front and running in cirlces. I take him in the bathroom throw a magazine in and all is right with the world.

*Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment