Thursday, May 6, 2010

Darth or Diva?

Yesterday I go and get my hair done. I went through the normal it took so long to grow .... it's really healthy .... will my face look fat ... you know. My sister in law finally talks me into it and I go. I sit in the chair and from out of nowhere I hear someone say .... "Start at the shoulders and we will decided from there." It must have been me because she snipped her clippers merrily and then went to work. Less than two minutes later my hair is six inches shorter and it looks like a wookie is laying on the floor. I close my eyes so she can't see the tears welling in them. What do you think?? she asks.

I timidly open my eyes and glance .... WOW! I looked ... dare I say .... great?? My hair moved in a shimmery cloud around my head. It looked fabulous! I couldn't believe it. So after I walk down the aisle like it a catwalk made for me I pay my bill and saunter to the car. I decide to leave the window cracked so I can get the same kinda look as those models with the windblown hair. It was a great day. The sun was shining and I felt glam.

I get home and hubby raved. Yes, I was hot I told myself. I walk into my oldest son's room ready for another heaping helping of compliments. " Mom! Your hair...." here it some I think ... I smile knowingly .... " it looks like Darth Vader's helmet."

I grab a ponytail holder whip it back and call it a day.

*Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment