Thursday, May 6, 2010

The gauntlet I called my Day

HOLY COW. Has this ever been "one of those days"! Sheesh! My mental state is hanging on by a thread. I thought today was going well until:

*My youngest son pooped in the bathtub. Now, this is entirely disgusting in itself. My oldest (they bathe together) is lounging in it when I come back in from the hall. I leave to get towels and this is what happens. Mental note to self: Air dry next time.

*My oldest son is playing in the backyard. It is a gorgeous day and I think how happy I am we are taking advantage of it. He is picking at some of the new buds on out shrubbery. He brings one over and asks me to TASTE it! Ack...he has been eating them!!!

*My oldest (see a trend here) begins to throw a monster tantrum in fron of our new neighbors when I tell him it's time to come inside and eat. By monster I mean screaming hysterically and yelling he doesn't want to be in trouble and get sent to bed while the sun is still out.

*I begin to to clean the poop out of the tub and notice a rash on my arms, my oldest son's face and hands, and the youngest's hands and forearms. I have what I suspect is the beginning of poison ivy. Remember the twigs and leaves my son was eating. Yeah........

*It's time to lay the boys down. Now, I am one of those Moms that go by time and the kids age when it comes to bedtime. They are 1 and 3 respectively so they are in bed by 7 (okay, sometimes 10 minutes till...). Wow, this is really early you say. Yes, and they get up at the crack of dawn too. I have tried letting them stay up, still they awake with the sun. But I digress...anyhow, my oldest says to me...BUT MOMMY...the sun is still up and my friends are still outside. Well, I cannot do anything about the kids, but I will say they have dark blankets tacked over their windows now.

*And last but in no means least. I FINALLY have my kids tucked in and they have subsided in their wailing and gnashing of teeth and who comes by?? The flippin' ice cream truck! ACK!! Of course, this causes another onslaught of mayhem in the house. Time for round 2.... *Ding Ding*


*Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment