Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ice Cream Trucks

Ok...let me start by saying that I brought this on myself. I have this huge addiction to ice cream fresh off the truck. I hear those chimes and I stop what I'm doing, grab change, and make a mad dash for the door. Now that I have a 3 year old son, he is starting my ways. Those music notes can be miles and miles away, and you bet your last Darth Vader ice cream bar we are sitting on the curb money on hand. Well...that being said, I have created a monster. Since summer days last longer and longer into the evening, the ice cream trucks have been coming later and later. So...I am sitting on the couch one evening, enjoying the fact that I can relax. The kids have their teeth brushed, they are reasonably clean, and are somewhat tucked in. Then...WHAM...the music starts. I immediately look at my 3 year old's door knowing he must hear it too. Sure enough, the door cracks open and he says, "Mom....the ice cream truck...GO GO GO." So....there we are sitting on the curb money in hand. Me....with my chubby hubby ice cream (after bedtime pleasure) and him in his Darth Vader PJ's waiting on the dang ice cream truck.

*Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment