Thursday, May 6, 2010

Delusions of Grandeur

Well, to say that we have had an adventerous week would be like saying running on the treadmill for three miles is the same as laying on a beach in the Carribean. Not even close. I eluded to the fact that husband has been layed off his job of nine years. I am already a stay at home Mom. The only thing remotely job related that I do outside of the home is tutor. I even do this for free.... I volunteer. So, unless I start hitting the second graders up for their lunch money like the biggest bully known in the history of grade school history - you can say ... we have no one working in our house. This freaks me out A LOT. We have a very tidy little severance package coming in, but I am stuck on the fact the we have no income freely flowing in our little house.

After getting over the shock of it though, I had dreams of my husband frolicking in the yard with the boys while the sun glistened off the freshly scrubbed house. I pictured using the time to the best of our ability doing things like the families in the commercials do. I should have gotten a clue from the commercial. The mom is a size 4 despite having 3 kids under the age of 5 running around. The living room is completely decorated in white, yet there are no chocolate face prints on the window, the goldfish isn't nervously ticking everytime one of the kids gets near the bowl, the mom is dressed (and not in PJs or yesterdays sweats), her husband looks like he stepped off the cover LL Bean., and the kids are completely controlled and perfectly groomed. None of this was happening in my house. Yet, I still blissfully sat there anticipating homemaker heaven.

Instead, I am sitting in green drawstring pants and a grey T-shirt (it smells clean), the house is destroyed, we had Mexican takeout which I know I will regret tomorrow, and there is a blanket of strawberry Jell-O on the kitchen tile. And today was even a good day.

*Sigh* Just another day in paradise, eh?

*vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment