Thursday, May 6, 2010

Paris Hilton I am not ...

Last Christmas Eve we had quite the snow storm. According to my yard stick in the front yard, I am a professionsl snow measurer ya know, it was well over 25". This was an enormous event and I simply had to get this on tape for my Alabama bound family. They are like fish out of water when it comes to snow. My younger sister once called me and this was her exact quote..... It was flurrying so hard I could barely see. Yeah, they had to see this. So, I grab the video camera and I realize I cannot find any fresh tapes. There is one with the "special" sticker left on the shelf. This video was of the home variety for only mine and my hubby's viewing pleasure. I can tell you get my drift. Anyhow, I grab it in my eagerness and pop it in. Mike tells me over and over what a bad idea this is. I tell him to quit fussing. I am going to fastforward it quite a bit. Nothing to worry about. Well, I go and video like I am filming for National Geographic and put it away.

Fast forward to this past Spring. My Aunt and Uncle come up to visit. They have lived in the South their entire lives (bless their little pea picking hearts). Eager to awe them with the splendors of a northern winter I break out the tape. Well, I am not going to give you a drawn out details of the next few minutes. Let's just suffice it to say that I am closer to my family than I had ever intended to be. Ever. And leave it to my husband to say this:

"Man, the camera just doesn't add 10 pounds ... it adds inches."


*Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment