Thursday, May 6, 2010

For all the world to see

My family and I had tickets to our city's minor league team, the Dayton Dragons. It's been a great day since that morning. We'd been playing in the sunshine and picknicking like we were from a Norman Rockwell painting.

At this point we have been playing hard all day and I suspect the boys are wearing down. (Read: becoming increasingly difficult) We have lawn seats. No problem, the boys can run a bit. Wrong. There is a little sign that says the boys cannot stand near the fence. Of course, they cannot read ... so what the hey, right???

They begin to turn into little monsters. I am thinking of pawning them off after a while. My youngest, Ethan decides to befrind the boys sitting next to us.

I truly felt sorry for the boys but I was so greedy of having their attention elsewhere, I let it go. I noticed my oldest kept creeping further ad further away. Now, I try to "yell politely" in public. You know what I mean. You surpress it and paste on a smile to cover the clenched teeth. Finally I could take it no more. I pulled Tyler on my lap and held his face close to mine os he could hear me above the music. In mid scolding the little boy from the next blanket points at me and says ... "Look, there you are!"

Sure enough. My meltdown is caught on the Jumb Tron. Now anyone at the baseball game that reads lips knows that after one more time I was going to bust Tylers behind. Yae me.

*Vinatge post

No comments:

Post a Comment